2 cups flour
3/4 cup sugar
1/2 tsp cinnamon
1 cup butter or margarine
2. In a bowl, stir together flour, sugar, and cinnamon.
3. Cream butter with a beater.
4. Add flour mixture 1/2 cup at a time to the butter while still beating.
5. Use a teaspoon to spoon out small pieces of dough and shape into a cookie.
6. Place on ungreased cookie sheet.
7. Bake for 25 minutes.
(Optional) Sprinkle warm cookies with sugar and cinnamon.
The first time I made this recipe, I got it perfect. They were so good!
I have made them several times since and haven’t been as consistent with the recipe (I’d scoop more than a teaspoon or grease my very non-sticking pan, etc.) and they haven’t come out as good. I’d stick with the recipe as much as possible.
Polvorones (Mexican Sugar Cookies) from: DLTK’s Recipes For Kids website