1 (4-serving) package JELL-O sugar-free vanilla cook-and-serve pudding mix
2 cups (two 8-ounce cans) pineapple tidbits, packed in fruit juice, and 1/4 cup liquid reserved
3/4 cup water
1 cup (one 11-ounce) mandarin oranges, rinsed and drained
1 teaspoon coconut extract
1 cup + 2 tablespoons Bisquick Sugar Twin or Sprinkle Sweet
2 tablespoons (1/2 ounce) chopped pecans
1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
1/2 cup skim milk
2 tablespoons flaked coconut
1. Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
2. Spray an 8-by-8-inch baking dish with butter-flavored cooking spray.
3. In a large saucepan, combine dry pudding mix, reserved pineapple liquid, and water.
4. Stir in pineapple and mandarin oranges.
5. Cook over medium heat until mixture thickens and starts to boil, stirring often and being careful not to crush fruit.
6. Remove from heat.
7. Stir in coconut extract.
8. Spoon hot mixture into baking dish.
9. In a medium bowl, combine baking mix, Sugar Twin, pecans, and cinnamon.
10. Add skim milk. Mix gently just to combine.
11. Drop by spoonfuls onto hot fruit mixture to form 6 mounds.
12. Sprinkle coconut evenly over mounds.
13. Bake for 20 minutes or until bisquits are done.
14. Place baking dish on a wire rack and let set for at least 5 minutes.
15. Divide into 6 servings.
HINT: If you can’t find tidbits, use chunk pineapple and coarsely chop.
I had made 2 little changes to this recipe. I used 2% milk and regular sugar. The recipe came out perfect and very delicious!
Hawaiian Delight Cobbler recipe from: “Cooking Healthy with the Kids in Mind” by JoAnna M. Lund. Copyright 1998. Recipe on page 236-237.